What can we do to get ready for 3rd Grade?
Here is a list of things you can be working on at home to prepare your child for Kindergarten. Have Fun and See you Soon!
- Saying his or her first AND last name.
- Write their first name or attempt to.
- Tell an adult if something is wrong.
- Tell an adult when they need help.
- Take care of basic needs on own (restroom, tissues.)
- Read often. (You read to them, they pretend read.)
- Sing or recite nursery rhymes.
- Use scissors and glue.
- Follow two step directions.
- Sing the alphabet.
- Tie their shoes on their own.
- Count to 20.
- Take turns and share.
- Know their phone number and birthday
- Know their teacher’s name (Miss Kinnard and Mrs. Miles)